Use the Power of Focus to Achieve Your Goals
As we work towards our goals for the new year, its important to reflect on the power of focus. It has a profound effect on whether we will achieve our goals or not.
When you have a pile of bills that you have no idea how you are going to pay, you cannot focus on the bills, because you will continue to attract more bills. You have to find a way that works for you to focus on prosperity, despite the bills around you. – Rhonda Byrne
Here are my top 5 areas of focus for achieving your goals, being more productive and have a solid state of mind.
1. Focus on your goal, the how will follow Get clear on what you want to achieve and focus on it. Do not decide on what you want to achieve based on what you think is possible. Allow yourself to dig deep for what you really want, more than anything else, no matter how impossible it may seem. Write this down and give it your focus several times a day, everyday. You will attract the ‘how’ and ‘the means’. Think about anything else you every ‘truly’ wanted, a new car, entrance to an exclusive school, a new cell phone, whatever. Notice how you somehow got what you wanted. We have all had these experiences but think they’re too small to count. They count! And what’s more, the same principle can be applied to bigger things.
2. Focus on the task at hand Set your intention for your tasks and focus on them. If you sit down to write a blog post, do your budget for the month or other task. Focus on it. Do not allow yourself to get distracted by emails or the thought of other tasks on your plate. Schedule your to-do list if you have to. And give each item their due time and focus.
3. Focus on Solutions We all have problems, especially unexpected ones. That’s life. However, you can choose to focus on the problem or you can choose to focus on the solution. Try to make a habit of focusing on the problem just long enough to acknowledge it and find a solution for it. Once you make this a habit, you will get better at taking life’s problems in stride.
4. Focus on Gratitude There are so many things in our lives to be thankful for. If you let yourself go off on a ‘rant’ of things to be thankful for, you may find yourself with an almost neverending list. The magical power of gratitude is that the more we are thankful for what we have, the more things we get to be thankful for. Take Oprah’s advice and start a gratitude journal. Make a commitment to use it for at least 30 days and see the remarkable difference in your life and well-being.
5. Focus on the Positive There’s always an upside. Every cloud does have a silver lining. For this one, I will leave you with another favorite quote of mine, “In every adversity there is a seed of an equivalent or greater benefit if you will just believe it, look for it, and work for it.” by Paul Meyer
Here’s to using the power of focus for better health, wealth and prosperity.